Doctors had to DEFLATE this dog

Poor little guy!

May 31, 2018
Stock image of a dachshund

Dreamstime

This little dachshund named Trevor had quite the health scare!

Trevor's owners were shocked to see him begin to "blown up like a balloon" before their very eyes!! When it became clear whatever was going on was affecting his breathing, his owner rushed him to an ER vet. Turns out there was a hole in his windpipe that was allowing air to get under his skin and fill his body with air! Eventually causing him to be twice his normal size. 

The vet who performed the surgery, Michelle Coward, told BBC, "Every time he took a breath, some of the inhaled air escaped through a hole in his windpipe."

No one, even the doctors had experience with a case such as this. They brought Trevor into surgery where they stitched up the hole in his windpipe & helped to express the excess air that had collected throughout his body.

"I have never seen a case like this before and it was a new surgery for me," said Coward.